The Judson Realty management team is headed by E. William Judson.
After graduating magna cum laude from Harvard in 1953, he worked on Wall Street as a securities analyst.
In 1958 he joined the agricultural and real estate management firm of Oppenheimer Industries, Inc. Seeing a need for a higher level of professionalism in investment and improvement and management of prime commercial property in New York City, he chose this as his area of expertise. His assessment proved accurate, and he was soon placed in charge of Oppenheimer’s eastern real estate operations. Acquiring this division from Oppenheimer in 1972 and forming it into Judson Realty, LLC, he focused on high-end properties on the Upper East Side. In the process, he has served as managing general partner of both the Mark Hotel and the American Stanhope Hotel.
In 1996, he founded the Madison Avenue Business Improvement District, extending from 57th Street to 86th Street and comprised of roughly 250 buildings, 500 cooperatives and condominium units and over 800 businesses. He continues to serve as its chairman.
Mr. Judson enjoys an excellent reputation for the execution of improvement and development plans, the delivery of maximum return and growth commensurate with tolerable limits of risk, and the professional management of assets entrusted to the company by clients.